Abstract submission: expired 28th November, 2014
The available categories for abstract submission are:
SUBMITTING YOUR ABSTRACT
1. The first step in uploading your abstract is to record your personal details on your own ‘dashboard’. If you have already completed it for your registration or another ASN Events, you will not have to repeat this, just login to your ‘dashboard’ as a returning delegate.
2. To upload your abstract, click ‘submit new’ under the Abstract section of your event profile. The system will then take you through the steps to complete your abstract. Once you are happy with your abstract and would like to submit it for consideration in the program, click ‘Finalise submission and return to dashboard’.
3. YES - YOU CAN MAKE CHANGES AFTER YOU HAVE SUBMITTED!! You can use your email and password to access your abstract submission at any time and make any changes you wish until the abstract submission deadline. The edit option will no longer appear once scoring has commenced.
4. The presenting author must be the person submitting the abstract and they must do this from their own ‘dashboard’.
5. You can cut and paste your abstract in several simple steps. The benefits of this system are many but include:
- Allowing you to preview your abstract and make modifications to your satisfaction.
- Ensuring you know your lodgement is completed as you will receive an immediate email confirmation.
- Ensuring accurate indexing of all authors in the abstract book.
- Ensuring consistent presentation of all abstracts in the proceedings (overarching formatting is imposed).
6. Abstracts can be submitted for Oral Presentation, Poster Presentation or both Oral and Poster Presentation.
BEFORE YOU START
1. Are you using one of the following browsers?
INTERNET EXPLORER (ver 5.5 or newer)
NETSCAPE (ver 7.4 or newer) or
MOZILLA (ver 1.3 or newer)
If not the screen will tell you if it detects you are using the wrong software and you would be advised to change to a computer with one of them installed.
2. Have you got your abstract open and running on your own computer? You need to be able to cut and paste it onto the web. (Note that keypad short cuts do not work with Mozilla, you need to use the menu, edit, paste command to paste in text to your submission).
3. Is your abstract text less than 300 words? – the software will not allow you to paste larger submissions. The word count does NOT include your title, authoring or cited references.
4. Have you got a table in your abstract? If you have, it may copy and paste straight into the submission. This is likely if you have used the Times New Roman font and it is not physically large (try and keep it less than 12 cm wide on an A4 sheet). Otherwise you should save a copy of your table as an image file on your own computer first and upload that. (It should be a .tif .gif .png or .jpg file)
WHEN YOU'VE FINISHED THE SUBMISSION
You will receive a confirmation email acknowledging your submission has been completed. You can view or edit your abstract by returning to your dashboard. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact the ASN Events Office.
Notification of programming decisions will come from the secretariat shortly after the expiry of deadlines and the working program will be posted to the web site. The abstract result will also appear on your own ‘dashboard’. The notification will include specific presentation instructions but in the interim, those preparing posters should note the maximum size allowed is 100cm wide by 120cm high. Velcro will be available to fix the poster to the boards. Computer data projection is the preferred presentation method for orals.
A couple of weeks before the meeting, the final program will be published to this web page along with the possibility of hyperlinks to the abstracts.